Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Book Recs

Taken in the 1980s
  • I don't read many books about 9/11. Having witnessed it in my own way (I may include that account here tomorrow), I know that we all, and especially those of us New Yorkers or those of us with family and friends still there, have a story to tell and I don't often want to read others. These books are different.
  • 9/11 Book Recs for this weekend:

  • Wake Up Call: The Political Education of a 9/11 Widow by Kristen Breitweiser. This is her love story, her tragedy and the politics of becoming an activist.
  • The Day the World Came to Town by Jim DeFede. This is the best, most uplifting book you will ever read about the days of 9/11. When all the planes were forced to land, they had to land somewhere.
  • The Good Life by Jay McInerney (I haven't read this one. I saw the author on Morning Joe and it seemed like an interesting read. I've put it on my list.)

No comments:

Post a Comment