Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Essay/Memoir Contest with The Writer Magazine

As you can see, this blog is slow going. That's because I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it.

I thought I would share with you, dear reader, my newest project, an essay/memoir contest with The Writer Magazine. I'll link at the bottom, but first, let me sing the praises of The Writer Magazine. It is the only subscription I get. I renew it every year. I used to buy all the writing magazines and then subscribed to two, but this is the only one I've stuck with. They are perfect for any level of writer who wants to do more and write more.

http://www.writermag.com/2011essaycontest

I've been toying of the idea of writing about my very special trip to Wales. I've written about bits of the trip in other venues and kept a journal for as much as I could while I was there. Some memories are so vivid still.  In fact, if you stick around, you will be subjected to treated with tales of my dream vacation almost constantly at times.
I decided that this contest was a good idea for practice and for experience and when I saw this contest, I saw it as an opportunity to use one of my dearest memories, so one day in the shower, the beginning of the book came to me and on another day in the shower, the beginnings of this essay came to me. Then I saw the ad on my Facebook for this contest.

And so, here we are.

If you also join in, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment