Sunday, August 21, 2011

Water, Water, Everywhere

Yesterday, I saw this tweet:

"Ironing is so much more pleasant with an ocean view." This was from Brendan Farrington, AP writer based in Florida.

The funny thing is that when I saw this tweet, I thought to myself, "isn't everything?"
What's funny about that is that I hate the water. Water scares me. Not dish water or bath water or even rain, but big vast pools of water. Like the ocean.

And lakes.

And ponds.

And, well, you get the idea.

Although funny enough, I really like Falls.

Then, I started thinking about all of the times that water actually calms me and makes me feel good, and I realized that maybe I don't hate water as much as I thought I did.

San Clemente, CA
This was sent to my phone from
my friend when he was on vacation.
It is the first time I remember
the ocean calming me.

Hudson River,
Riverfront Park,
Albany, NY

USS Slater,
Albany, NY
as seen from the AquaDucks Tour

Cohoes Falls,
Cohoes, NY
I come here on a monthly basis;
well, I try to.

Menai Strait sunset,
Caernarfon,
Wales

Afon Hwch,
Llanberis,
Wales


River?
near the base of the mound at
Dolwyddelan Castle,
Wales














Inigo Jones designed bridge,
Llanrwst,
Wales

River adjacent to the
Church of St. Grwst,
Llanrwst,
Wales














The only two I couldn't find was a drive around Saratoga Lake in Saratoga Springs, NY last Mother's Day weekend (2010) and Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada (2002). I will try to add them when I find those because the Saratoga one was a surprise in that it was a spur of the moment drive and great fun because it was something different, and the Niagara Falls trip was right before my oldest son went to kindergarten, and despite the power and the force of the Falls, they are spectacular and bring back such phenomenal memories of my childhood visiting there.

I guess water isn't as bad as I thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment